3 ways to Discover and Reconnecting with your purpose
Purpose. We hear the word but what does it mean for you? Many of feel that when it comes to moment when we find our life purpose that is when everything will come together and we will be happier. Even Mark Twain has a famous quote “The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why.” Don’t you think it is time to connect into your Why?
I would like to suggest three ways that I have used to discover and reconnect to my purpose and would love to hear how they worked for you.
1. Journaling. Free journaling allows your thoughts to come through. Personally, I will journal in the following way:
- Highlight times in my life where I felt I made a major contribution.
- Make a list of compliments I have received and see what the pattern is in those compliments – were they along the same lines? Did they resonate?
- Reflect on what comes easy to me. What is natural for me?
2. Meditation. After the journaling, I will step into a meditation usually with ocean waves (theta waves are great!) as this allows for a deeper meditation. I will set my intention to connect in with my best self (Here’s a meditation for setting vision that I did at new year’s that allows you to connect into your best self, here is the link.)
3. Ask others. I will take the time to ask others as to what they think I am good at. I ask trusted sources who will be honest. In my conversation, I will ask them questions:
- When do you feel that I shine? What environments and what is going on in my life at that time?
- What benefit do you think I bring to this world?
- How have I impacted your life?
These questions will allow for a honest conversation and a deeper connection with the person as well.